HANDY HINTS AND USEFUL INFORMATION FROM PAAL KIT HOMES
- Six ways to improve your home’s thermal efficiency
- How the wind rating for your home is calculated
- Concrete slabs have varying thermal efficiencies
- We'll help you develop your ideal site
- Your Home Project is Precisely Managed
- Landscaping to make an impression
- Collect home ideas that inspire you
- Let there be light
- Why Build with PAAL Kit Homes
- Not All Whites Are White
- The Magic Kitchen Triangle
- Find your perfect exterior colour scheme
- Your personalised home kit – just as you like it
- Paal provides home kits – and much more
- Paal is the best bushfire compliance partner
- Visit your local council first
- Ensure you build on a firm foundation
- Being wise with your house plans
- Commonly asked Home Questions
- Paal will help with your BASIX assessment
- What is Owner Building?
- Six facts you should know about kit homes
- DIY tips for building your kit home
- Learn how to become an owner builder
- Key questions to ask before choosing a kit home
- Some of the advantages of building a kit home
- Benefits of Steel Frame Kit Homes
- 10 Easy Steps to Building Your Own PAAL Kit Home
- Bushfire Flame Zone upgrade now available
- To Fully Appreciate Your New Home, You Must See it for Yourself
- Tips for Success When Building a Kit Home
- Options for Building a Kit Home
- Six Advantages of Steel Frame Kit Homes
- The NSW Owner-Builder Permit
- Four Things to Consider When Comparing Kit Homes
Learn how to become an owner builder
31 August 2015
Paal helps its customers to build their own homes by paying for recently-expanded training courses. This bonus from Paal is intended to ease the burden of new measures that are intended to improve owner builder safety and ensure all houses are completed to a professional standard.
(A) Obtaining your White Card.
This card is issued after completion of a one day face-to-face course on Working Safely in the Construction Industry, overseen by WorkCover NSW.
The course is run by a number of registered training organisations throughout the state. Paal will organise the course for you and pay for the course fee.
(B) Completing a course in Owner Builder Compliance.
This course can be done either face-to-face, via correspondence or entirely online. Paal recommends an online course as the most convenient way for customers to achieve compliance.
The course has a multiple-choice quiz at the end of each section. Each quiz can be repeated until a pass is achieved, after which a certificate of completion is issued.
Paal organises your registration for you and pays for the course fee.
(C) Obtaining your Owner Builder’s Permit.
Once the White Card and Owner Builder Compliance certificate are obtained, your application for an Owner Builder’s Permit can then be lodged with the Department of Fair Trading. Again, the lodgement fee will be refunded by Paal.
Paal meets all these compliance costs in order to ease the burden placed on the owner builder. In doing so, Paal is saving you around $650 towards the cost of your new home.
Back to Blog